Saturday, December 22, 2012

Java...Prambanan, Borobudur, and Yogyakarta (Day 1)

Java: My First Solo Adventure / Spectacular Sights All Around

Spontaneous, not part of the plan, unexpected yet somehow ends in amazement.  The Piso Sale had me in a panicked frenzy as I swiped my credit card away to my target destinations.  The craziness resulted in one random moment (which I still I can't explain), where I suddenly had the overwhelming urge to go to Indonesia, alone, without any prior research, and so I made it happen and arranged my one-on-one appointment with Southeast Asia's Sleeping Giant!

After reading a bit about the country, I arranged an itinerary that would maximize my sightseeing and included the highlights of Java, the region of my fascination.  The plan was to fly early from Jakarta to see the magnificent sights of Borobudur & Prambanan then experience Yogyakarta's rich culture and finally get back to Jakarta in the morning via overnight train, all within 24 hours.  And if everything goes right (or wrong), my first solo backpacking experience will be something I'd never forget!

Highlights of Java



I arrived at Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Jakarta, just before midnight, welcomed by a pleasant February climate.  I cleared immigration swiftly as Filipinos can enter Indonesia for 30 days free of charge.  At the arrival area is a 24-hour forex offering poor rates but I exchanged some money anyways to pay for my transportation and upcoming day in Yogyakarta ("Jogja" for short).  Banks found in Jakarta's shopping malls offer better rates and that is where you should change most of your money.

During the wee hours of the night, only the money changer was open, so my review of the airport will be on my return, for now, I had to get to Terminal 3 where my Air Asia plane will be departing.  To get from Terminal 2 to 3 you can take: (a) the free shuttle bus circling the terminals or (b) the taxi for IDR 30,000.  Because it was midnight, I was forced into taking the taxi, which only took 3 minutes to get there.  You should look for a "Blue Bird Taxi", the only reputable company in Jakarta.  As I reached their counter at the arrivals hall, unfortunately, they had no taxi available so I settled into haggling with one of the taxi touts for IDR 40,000.  Now you maybe wondering how such a short distance costs a lot of rupiah, well the reason is that at least half of the amount you pay goes to a parking fee which is paid every time, even if a taxi just drops off passengers at the terminal.  I think it's a ridiculous fee imposed by a shady parking management.

Soekarno-Hatta Airport Terminal 2

Also called the Low Cost  Carrier Terminal, Terminal 3, is a new and modern airport used mainly for domestic flights by budget carriers.  It was still closed when I got there, so I just waited on the arrival area outside while inhaling second-hand smoke from cigarette worshipers.  Around 4 am, they began to let people in and I got to say, the interiors were impressive, not low cost at all.  The airport was clean, bright and cool and everything looked orderly.  On the 2nd floor were shops and restaurants I was used to seeing in bigger airports, there's even a spacious waiting area for passengers.  Also, a quick note to all, there is a departure tax for domestic flights of IDR 35,000 payable at the check-in counters.  Around 5:30 am, we were called for boarding, although the announcement was only in Bahasa so I had to confirm with the flight staff.


LCCT aka Terminal 3


Walang puyat puyat maski walang tulog!

Satay w/ rice meal in-flight, very good!

The plane arrived at Adisucipto Airport in Yogyakarta around 7 am and so began my misadventures.  It's a really small airport, with basic facilities but one that handles heavy passenger traffic daily.  I was used to picking up my baggage at a conveyor belt upon arrival but here, you were supposed to claim it at the plane storage, immediately after getting down the ramp.  As all the signs and announcements were in Bahasa, I mistakenly waited for my bag from a conveyor belt of a different flight!  After about an hour of waiting and seeing everyone else claim their bags, I was starting to get nervous, luckily, my local contact, Chris, arrived early and was able to help me by going to the airline's office and explaining my problem.  That's when he told me of my mistake, fortunately, the airline kept the bag, and I was able to retrieve it from them.

If you'll be staying in Jogja, you can: (a) walk to the airport parking lot then take the Trans Jogja Bus for IDR 3,500 to the Malioboro stop then walk or take a short taxi ride to your hotel or (b) arrange for a hotel pick-up or (c) take a 20-minute prepaid taxi ride to your hotel from the Blue Bird Counter outside the arrivals area for IDR 50,000.

Trans Jogja works like the subway, but using buses. These buses run on special lanes, only stop at designated bus stops and are located at elevated bus stations.  Each ride costs a fixed amount of IDR 3,500. 

Adisucipto Airport

Trans Jogja Bus Station

Because I wanted to spend my lone day as efficiently as I could, a month ago, I searched online for different tour operators to see if there was anything that would satisfy my requirement and fit my budget at the same time.  I picked Lestari Travel as they offered the best deal among the tour operators.  For IDR 325,000, they provided me with a van, a driver/guide, covered parking fees, gas, and pick-up service for 12 hours.  While I would still recommend DIY travel as it's a better experience and cheaper, I had a really tight schedule and had a train to catch later, so the car was better suited to accomplish my objectives.

The car that toured me around

My driver for the day, Chris

My first agenda, was a visit to the Prambanan Temples.  Entry for a foreigner costs significantly higher than for locals at IDR 162,000.  Hiring a guide will cost an additional IDR 75,000.  Also, the complex is open from 6 am to 6 pm.  A UNESCO World Heritage Site, these Hindu temples form a stunning collection of pointed sculptures inside a wide, expansive park.  It is the largest Hindu temple complex in the world.  Inside are three main temples dedicated to Gods: Vishnu (north), Bhrama (south) and Shiva (center and largest temple).  Surrounding these are smaller temples of religious significance and ruins from many other temples originally built here.  There's also the small and rudimentary Prambanan Museum, free of entry.

A few kilometers walk past the main temples will lead you to three different Buddhist temples, Candi Lumbung & Candi Bubrah  (both which lie in ruins) and Candi Sewu with its 240 plus (mostly destroyed) temples and an imposing central temple.  I also passed by other temples which were either under renovation, in bad condition or in shambles.  I highly recommend renting a bicycle which only costs IDR 20,000  available inside the park to save time and energy.  Trust me, you will get tired and sweaty covering everything the park has to offer on foot, plus it's more fun riding a bike!

If your visit coincides and you have the time to spare, there's also a Ramayana Ballet held in the evenings of certain months at Prambanan.  Chris gave glowing recommendations of it and I've also heard around the net that it's quite a spectacle.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect start than early mornings at Prambanan.  You could count by hand the number of people in the whole complex creating for a calm and sacred feel and a temple all to myself.  Prambanan is not your average tourist sight as you will instantly be hit upon arrival by it's grandeur and how it's a deeply spiritual place.  Without the maddening crowd, I was in no hurry, fully soaking in every detail and serenity that the temple had to offer.  I inspected every structure, appreciating the intricate carvings ingrained in each one, and noticing that each one had a purpose, each had a story to tell. The three major temples formed perfect symmetry and you will get rewarded with climbing them as there are relics surrounding the temples and inside.  Statues, mystical figures and rubble are scattered all across the compound and you'd easily spend a large chunk of time covering it all.  I walked past rows of ruins, thinking to myself, if this place still looked beautiful today, I wonder how much better it was during it's heyday!

Although often overlooked, Prambanan is a beautiful expression of religious devotion, an enduring testament as to what man can achieve if driven by commitment and belief.  In my opinion, Prambanan easily trumps most of the main tourist attractions in other places I've been to, but it just had the unfortunate luck of being in the same place as Borobudur, but make no mistake about it, Prambanan stands on it's own and is a must visit!

To get here from Yogyakarta, go to the Trans Jogja Bus Station in the middle of Malioboro street and  take Trans Jogja Bus 1A-Prambanan which takes 30 minutes and costs IDR 3,000.  The temple is easily reached within a few minutes walk from the Prambanan bus stop.


Sarap pala ng pakiramdam pag ikaw lang mag-isa!

Can you make out the hidden face?

Perfection

Obscured beauty

Even the wreckage is fascinating



Scary or cute?


I'm on a natural high after my visit to Prambanan and had big expectations as my next destination was supposed to be even better.  I was skeptical but hopeful (If that makes any sense).  After an hour and a half more drive, around lunch time, amidst the sweltering heat and feeling a little hungry, I reached the world famous Borobudur.  Entrance to Indonesia's star attraction would cost a foreigner IDR 190,000 and it's open from 6 am to 5 pm.  You are required to wear a sarong for religious purposes although I don't think it's strictly enforced. When I got there, there were already hordes of tourists, which in no way should discourage you from visiting, as any time you see one of the great ancient sites of the world is a good time. You're just not seeing Borobudur at it's best.  If I'd ever return here, I would take the expensive but well worth Sunrise Tour offered by Manohara Hotel for IDR 320,000 which allows you to enter the temple around 4:30 am before everyone else arrives.

I will spare you the geeky details about the temple and try to give a brief description of Borobudur as simply as I know about it.  Borobudur is the largest Buddhist monument in the world, it's like a wide, over sized shopping mall with 6 floors set on top of a hill and overlooking an active volcano (Mt. Merapi).  The top floor has a giant stupa surrounded by an army of junior stupas with Buddha statues on police patrol.  The middle floors are cinemas showing the life and teachings of Buddha through wall reliefs, while the ground floor is filled up by more celestial statues and smaller Buddhas and stupas.

Borobudur is a special sight, it will be one of the most spectacular things you'll ever see in your life, the sheer size overwhelms upon first sight.  Each of the six terraces contain delicate, old carvings which can be easily appreciated by anyone.  I'm not too familiar with Buddhism but I gained a better understanding of the steps to nirvana (enlightenment), karma, and the Buddha's different postures just by exploring and observing the engravings on each platform.  Also, if you're lucky, you maybe rewarded by a glimpse of the majestic Mount Merapi once you reach the peak of the structure.  The volcano was just slightly visible during my visit but seeing it serve as a backdrop to the central stupa and smaller stupas still made for a dramatic view.

One last thing you should do, is put your hands inside a stupa on the top platform and try to touch the Buddha inside.  Supposedly, good karma will fall on you for reaching the highest part of the temple and paying respect to Buddha.

Borobudur ranks among one of the best places I've been to, and is a sight I wholeheartedly recommend to all travelers.  I still wonder how this was ever done, what kind of dedication and labor force it took, and where the inspiration for such a complicated design came.  It's an inspiring reminder of what an ancient civilization was able to produce during their days.  If you're ever unsure about going to Indonesia, let me tell you that Borobudur alone makes it worth the travel.

To get here, take the Trans Jogja Bus 2A-Jombor which takes 20 minutes and costs IDR 3,000.  Once the bus stops at Jombor Terminal, switch to another bus which goes straight to Borobudur taking 90 minutes and costing IDR 20,000.

Over tourism?

Borobudur: One of the great wonders of the world






Buddha's teachings and story through stone carvings

Wah!

You HAVE to see this in person


Around Borobudur Park, are two museums which I didn't get to visit because I was too preoccupied basking in all of Borobudur's beauty.  Immediately visible outside the park, are souvenir shops and food stalls set-up conveniently for tourists.  I browsed through some stalls quickly, and there were nice souvenirs to be had but as in anywhere with these types of shops, be prepared to haggle.

Souvenir market just outside Borobudur

It was already way past lunch time when I finished my Borobudur exploration and I really didn't know any place to eat in Jogja so I asked Chris, my driver, to recommend a place.  He took me to a nice, expensive looking restaurant that also sells Indonesian handicrafts, how convenient!  Right then I knew that this was one of those mandatory tourist traps, but I was already there so I decided to just ride along.  After a quick tour of the souvenir shop without buying anything, I finally had my lunch in their restaurant.  The food were overpriced and my blue marlin meal didn't taste good but my other order, the lumpia gudeg, was fantastic.  It consisted of chicken, beef and veggies mixed in a spring roll, fried then dipped in sambal and a peanut butter like sauce.  It was sweet, salt and spicy goodness, and the saving grace of my meal, so the place wasn't a total scam.

Lumpia Gudeg, sobrang sarap!

This tuna, well.... not so good

The sun was setting when I got back to the city and after purchasing my train ticket leaving for Jakarta 10 pm, Chris and I parted ways at the Tugu train station.  Chris was a nice guy, he helped me sort out a few things, shared lots of useful information and stories, and was great company throughout the day.  He was my first friend in Indonesia, but as with most people you meet on travel, you eventually go your separate ways in a matter of days or hours.  I still had a few hours to spare so I deposited my bags (IDR 1,000 per hour?) in the train station and decided to explore the city on foot.

Although a small city, Yogyakarta is the cultural capital of Indonesia.  It would take a whole day or more to explore everything it has to offer, and my few hours spent there only gave me a small dose of its charm. I mainly walked through Malioboro Street where the heart of the shopping and action happens.  Things to buy would include traditional clothing like batik, Jogja T-shirts and tourist souvenirs like magnets, miniature figurines and key chains.  Trying out their food wouldn't hurt although gudeg is the only one my picky palate can take. Then there's the street side activity where I passed by people dressed up in weird costumes, and families enjoying the feria (local amusement park) located near the entrance of the Sultan's Complex.

Just by looking at native styled houses, the row of shops selling souvenir, the becak (trishaw), the andong (horse carriage) and how many of the people seem to be wearing batik, you could tell that Yogyakarta is a city rich in tradition and full of pride.  It reminds of provincial plazas back home, straightforward, unaffected by modernization, but unlike there, Jogja is constantly in a chaotic pace.  I wish I had more time here, so I really can't give a fair verdict on the city yet, and definitely plan to go back.


The busy streets of Malioboro



Inside Malioboro Mall

Indonesia's own donuts J.Co


Serangan Umum 1 Maret Monument


After heading back to Tugu Station, I picked up my luggage, took a seat and waited for the sleeper train to arrive.  As the minutes passed over my train's scheduled arrival, I started to get uneasy.  The train announcements were in Bahasa only, so I showed my ticket to some of the locals. I asked if I was supposed to board an incoming train as 30 minutes had already pass the scheduled arrival time, I believe they said yes...  To cut the long story short, words got lost in translation and I boarded the wrong train, and I didn't realize it!  Luckily, I made a friend of my Indonesian seat mate and as we made small talk the one of the questions he asked me was where I was going.  It was then that I found out that this train was headed to Bandung!  As the usher led me to the employee's area to fix the situation, I felt sick, I was getting nervous, I was now lost for real!  In English I could barely understood, the train conductor told me that I would be dropped off in a station where both of the trains will pass.  After hours of inhaling a year's worth of smoke from the employees, I got down the train to some station where I waited a few minutes before I was boarded at my real train.  It was already 3 am in the morning and the other passengers were already asleep, and quickly, so did I, passing out of exhaustion and adventure.

To get to Jakarta from Yogyakarta, buy a train ticket at Tugu Station costing IDR 350,000 taking 8 hours.  There are daily trips and overnight trains are available.  The seats are reclining and water, pillows and blanket are provided in executive trains.  Most importantly, MAKE SURE YOU BOARD THE RIGHT TRAIN!

Tugu Train Station


The Day's Expenses (P): 

Car & Driver        1,900
Entrance Fees       1,200
Food                    1,000  
Shopping                ?
Total P 4,100

93 comments:

  1. i love your entry, so detailed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me, too. I am from Jogja who is now living in Seoul. So...your stories are really making me wanna be home for a while. I love the way you wrote each of the places you went to. Even you wrote the names in Bahasa Indonesia correctly, like Serangan Umum 1 Maret Monument. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find your blog informative. :) will be there this May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jesayca, thanks for visiting, have fun on your trip :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Arman,

    I did great in Yogyakarta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome back jesayca, that's great to hear,
      I miss Jogja :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I am planning to hire a driver like you, may I have the contact for Lestari Travel? I tried to google but found the Lestari I found is for BALI? Thanks a lot. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bee bee, thanks for visiting my blog,I found Lestari Travel through YogYes.com at http://www.yogyes.com/en/yogyakarta-car-rental/ but it seems that they are no longer listed there. If you really want to book with them their email is qhebow@gmail.com but you can find other car rental companies at YogYes that are licensed.

      Delete
  6. very nice post i like this prambanan temple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thanks for visiting, you should go visit :)

      Delete
  7. Nicely written and very informative. Will be useful for my trip to Indonesia next month..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative blog! Good job :) I have a few questions though.
    1) If my ETA in Jakarta is 11:45pm, would it be possible to take the train to Yogyakarta at 12mn? Or would it be better to take the plane instead?
    2) Is it okay to have a tour of Yogyakarta first, then go around Prambanan, then Borobudur? Wouldn't I be pressed for time? Cos of course, I want to explore Borobudur and enjoy its beauty before the sun sets. I need to do all those in one day because I'll leave Jakarta on the midnight of March 17, 2014. So technically I only have 2 days.
    3) Is it advisable to hire a travel agency when I get to Yogya being that the case? Or is it doable by DIY?
    4) Did the driver you hired take you to Borobudur from Yogya?
    5) How much should I allot for the trip? In Php please :)

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi andie, thanks for visiting, now on to your questions, I'l try to answer to the best of my abilities :)

      1) You won't make it in time for the last train to Yogyakarta (assuming you'll arrive via Cebu Pacific). If you don't mind staying in the airport for a few more hours, the first flight via Air Asia maybe a cheaper and faster alternative.

      2) I suggest you start real early at Prambanan, then explore Yogyakarta until 2 pm then head to Borobudur for sunset. This is possible(I'm living proof, haha)and you'd still have enough time to fully explore Prambanan & Borobudur although you might have to sacrifice some shopping in Jogja.

      3) DIY is doable, just do proper research you'll be fine (bus stops + google maps + keep asking the locals). However if you want a hassle free trip, just rent a car with a driver and you'll be more in-control of your trip. It's more expensive but will save you precious time. No need to join a tour.

      4) Yes.

      5) For your 1 Day in Yogyakarta it really depends on how you will do it (budget? luxury?), I think around P 3 to 5,000 per pax (transpo, entrance fee, food) will do.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for answering all my questions :) that would help me a lot!

      God bless!

      Delete
    3. no problem, goodluck on your trip :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Arman, im from indonesia and really enjoy ur blog :) by reading your blog i can see that you do really enjoy travelling and could see what the best a city can offer you .. Keep on writing ya *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi rootcheer R, I really appreciate the compliment especially coming from one of the locals :)

      you have a nice country worth promoting and I'm just glad to have been there!

      Delete
  10. hi there! is there any way I can contact you sir arman? I am going to Jakarta two weeks from now and I have a few questions about the city if it's okay. my email address is fashionavi@yahoo.com. I have a google account but I my phone keeps on flashing an error sigh whenever I try to log in. that's why I posted as anonymous instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, you can just post your questions here or at my Jakarta entry and I'l try to answer them
      although it might take a little longer for me to respond after today as I will be in Vietnam for a few days :)

      Delete
  11. One of the most helpful blog entries on Jogja. And you are probably the first person ever to make a day trip from jkt to jogja !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment, whoever you are :)

      actually, one of the main reasons for writing my Java entries was because I didn't find a lot of blogs covering the place DIY when I was planning for my own trip. I am hoping others would find something useful in my entry and inspire them to write more posts about traveling independently in the region.

      Delete
  12. That is such a nice travelogue. We are doing Yogyakarta from Bali by air. We shall do Borobudur, Kaliurang (Mount Merapi), Prambanan & finally sunset at Ratu Boko. By the way, are there any international fast food joints like KFC or MacDonald's or Subway near Borobudur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting :)
      I've always wanted to go to Bali and Mount Merapi so I'm envious of you :D
      There are no international fast food joints near Borobudur but there are local cafes and small eateries both inside Borubudur and within the surrounding vicinity.

      Delete
  13. Hi, Arman.

    I’m an Indonesian college student and now I’m currently doing a mini research for one of the College final assignments here. I read your blog about the trip to Candi Borobudur … And your writing makes me even interested to ask you about some of your experience from the Candi Borobudur trip further more. If you allow me to do a short interview, would you mind to share any media that possible to have a short conversation?  Such as yahoo messenger, email, or any chat media?
    If you don't mind to reply my comment, it would be such a honor for me. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hai.. tks for review our travel and rent car and also tks for recommend our company now we are not listed in yogys again. You can directly go to our website www.rentalmobilwisatajogja.com. once again tks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. follow our twitter @lestarirentcar
      like our fb fan page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rental-Mobil-Jogja/233858750045744
      our linked id : http://id.linkedin.com/pub/rental-mobil-jogja-lestari/7b/64b/4b7

      Delete
  15. nice your blog
    Rental Mobil Jogja, Xenia, Avanza, Apv Rp. 150.000,- Wisata Jogja Rp. 150.000,- fasilitas Mobil + Driver + Hotel full service. Hub kami 0274-788.1681 / 0857.2928.2928 / 0812.1554.1554 / BB pin:230C5DC1. Hanya ada di Satrio Langit Transport, Rental Mobil Jogja terpercaya.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the informative post!!1

    Would you know what time the last bus for Borobudur leaves from Yogyakarta? Is there a minibus that I can take from Jombor station around afternoon time?

    Thanks, because I'm planning to leave in the afternoon so I can stay overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam, thanks for visiting sorry for the late reply, been away for awhile.
      The TransJogja bus to Jombor station is operational until 10 pm.
      There are minibuses from Jombor bus station to Borobodur but I'm not sure until what time.

      Delete
  17. Great post. I'm planning to visit Yogyakarta in February but I was thinking of taking the train from Jakarta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thanks for visiting, you can take the train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta from Gambir station as long as your flight arrives before midnight :)

      Delete
  18. anyone travelling to jakarta on april 11, 2014 from philippines via cebu pacific?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,,, me i would be going on that date!!,,, anyway to contact you?

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for your detailed blog!! I am planning a last minute trip to Indonesia in February, and reading about your experience really helps me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks also for visiting :)
      glad to be of help
      hope you enjoy your upcoming trip :)

      Delete
  21. Informasi Kontes SEO untuk para blogger atau MASTER SEO gan.. ada 4 kontes SEO 2014 yang baru running nih, Semua GRATIS PENDAFTARAN kok.

    *Kontes seo Rgo Poker www.kontes-seo-rgopoker.net / www.kontes-seo-rgopoker.com. Total hadiah 32.jt
    12 januari 2014 - 12 maret 2014

    *Kontes seo Afa Togel www.kontes-seo-afatogel.com/ Total hadiah 25.jt
    18 januari 2014 - 18 maret 2014

    *Kontes seo Batik Poker www.kontes-seo-batikpoker.com/ Total hadiah 32.jt
    22 januari 2014 - 22 maret 2014

    *Kontes seo Eyang Togel www.kontes-seo-eyangtogel.com/ Total hadiah 25.jt
    26 januari 2014 - 26 maret 2014

    info lebih lengkap masuk aja ke situsnya

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi, anyone travelling to jakarta on aprill 11 via cebu pacific?....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Arman Go, I found your post really informative and useful.Keep up the fine effort. I will be in Jogja on 25 March leaving 31 March and I copied almost all of your Jogja travel blog...cheers bro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi neal, thanks for the compliments. :)
      I noticed that you will be staying there for quite a while, if you have extra time to spare do visit other sights like the Taman Sari Water Castle & Kraton complex in Jogja or perhaps Parantritis Beach or Mount Merapi further away.

      Delete
    2. Hi Arman, thanks for the informative article. I will be going to Yogyakarta soon; your information provided is very helpful. :) Matt from Malaysia.

      Delete
  24. Hi Arman, I stumbled upon your story and I like it :) very nice story from "another" perspective, inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Arman,

    I am going to Yogyakarta on the same flight as you on May 1. I will be staying until May 2 at 4:45PM. I would like to get the same package as you, How were you able to get in touch with Lestra Travel without calling them? i tried FB message but no response yet. :)

    Thank you for your kind support!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hai.. contact us:
    Lestari Travel
    WA 08985060555
    BBM 2ABCCDFC
    Call +622746534555
    Email: lestarirentcar@gmail.com
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rental-Mobil-Jogja/233858750045744

    or just search 9n Google, Bing, or Yahoo with keyword "Lestari rent car"

    tks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey, this is good! :)
    I have the same article also,
    just click http://elzano.blogspot.com/2014/06/wonderful-tourism-object-in-yogyakarta.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your post! Do you remember how many steps to the top of Borobudur? I have my 7 year old daughter with me; hence checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You've visited many tourism attraction in Jogjakarta...I love the way you tell us about Jogjakarta, so detail and interesting...May it will be useful for tourist who want to visit Jogjakarta...

    If you visit Jogjakarta, don't forget to see Ramayana Ballet performance at Mandira Baruga (Purawisata)...perform every night 8-9.30 pm...visit : www.amazingramayanaballet.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Arman. Thanks for posting this informative blog. I'm making an itinerary for my planned trip this summer. Is one whole day enough for the two temples? I was thinking of staying for a night so I can split the temples for two days. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Next on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing!
    Paulo Tan
    tantaikwee.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I have really come on the right place for getting the perfect info.

    rent car and driver jakarta || car rental in jakarta

    ReplyDelete
  34. like your blog, check mine http://likesmagz.blogspot.com/2015/03/photo-hunting-borobudur-dalam-siluet.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hai, LESTARI RENT CAR move to new website.
    Before www.rentalmobilwisatajogja.com now we move to www.rentalmobiljogjamurah.com
    always give you our best service.
    tks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great post! Thanks you so much for the share. It is indeed a helpful one.
    Jakarta Car Booking | Daily Car Rental Jakarta

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. YOGYAKARTA TOUR | YOGYAKARTA TRAVEL | YOGYAKARTA MAP | YOGYAKARTA INDONESIA | YOGYAKARTA HOTEL | YOGYAKARTA BOROBUDUR | YOGYAKARTA AIRPORT | SINGAPORE TO YOGYAKARTA |MALIOBORO YOGYAKARTA | JOGJAKARTA | INDONESIA YOGYAKARTA | FLIGHT TO YOGYAKARTA | BOROBUDUR | YOGYAKARTA TO MALAYSIA

    Yogyakarta Airport, Yogyakarta Attraction, Yogyakarta Hotel, Yogyakarta Hotel Itinerary, Yogyakarta Map, Yogyakarta Map Wikitravel, Yogyakarta Thing To Do, Yogyakarta To Bali, Yogyakarta To Borobudur, Yogyakarta To Bromo, Yogyakarta To Mount Bromo, Yogyakarta To Prambanan, Yogyakarta To Singapore, Yogyakarta To Surabaya, Yogyakarta Tour, Yogyakarta Tour Package, Yogyakarta Tourism, Yogyakarta Travel, Yogyakarta Travel Blog, Yogyakarta Tripadvisor, Yogyakarta Weather

    Yogyakarta Tour (4 Days/3 Nights)
    Day 1
    Airport – Prambanan
    Our fully-air conditioned bus picks you up at Adisucipto International Airport of Yogyakarta (JOG). On the way to Prambanan Temple, we will stop by in the nearby restaurant to have a lunch. The bus directly transfers to Prambanan Temple. Built in the 10th century, this largest Hindu temple was dedicated to the Trimurti, the expression of God as the Creator, the Preserver and the Destroyer. After enjoying historical Prambanan Temple, the bus drive you to a hotel, visitor takes a break and spends leisure time in the hotel as well to stay overnight.
    Day 2 (Borobudor – Merapi)
    The tour starts after having breakfast at the hotel. Visitors are then invited to experience the magnificent Borobudur temple. As you climb the top of the temple, spend some more time to rest and marvel at beautiful mountain landscape and feel the gently blowing wind up there.
    From Borobudur, the next destination will be Merapi with its marvelous lava scene. The Tourists can take a close look on materials former of Merapi eruption. In addition to making people understand how powerful the eruption of Mount Merapi. With lava tour, tourists can see the peak of Mount Merapi, with visibility about 2 km. The mountain with elevations of 2,965 m above sea, sulfatara produces smoke that can never stop rising from the crater.
    Day 2 tour ends in the afternoon when the car transfers you back to your hotel.
    Day 3
    Keraton – Beringharjo – Parangtritis
    First destination of the palace of Yogyakarta which is known as the Keraton is open at 08.30 AM to 12.30 PM. This ancient palace reflecting the Javanese cosmos requires you to explore the palace on foot.
    Taking a short rest after exploring the Palace, we will be heading to Parangtritis beach. Parangtritis beach offers romantic sunset with pure beautiful sand. At the end of the east coast of Parangtritis Beach where the cluster of rocks that is so beautiful, so it is often used as the spot of a pre-wedding photo shoot. The dim twilight and golden shade of the sun on the water surface more raise a romantic atmosphere.
    Day 4 (September, 2015)
    Shopping – airport
    After having breakfast in the hotel, you have free time for souvenir or handicraft shopping. After that, the bus directly transfers you to airport for your next destination.


    More Information
    Mrs Evi
    info@javatravelline.com
    http://javatravelline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aah I really wanted to be there :( jogja is so much beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  40. hello. can you give me contact details of lestari travel? i have tried to email them several times but no response.. also, may i ask where you stayed in yogyakarta? thanks



    ReplyDelete
  41. p.s thank you very much for your very informative blog about yogyakarta... you have helped as plan our trip.. hope to hear from you soon. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Agra with its glorious past has lots more to offer a discerning traveler besides the mystic and splendors of the Taj Mahal. Our Car and Driver Hiring India team is dedicated 24×7 to serve you. Our tour itineraries are tailor made and have a variety of options. Many tourists desire to have Same Day Agra Tour and Overnight Agra Tour. Our Golden Triangle tour packages for the tourists are very attractive and provide full variety. More visit: - http://www.indiatravelwithus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Agra is a popular destination Same Day Taj Mahal Tour by Car of World famous Taj Mahal. We are widely travelled in the country and know the basic needs of a traveler. We have both are options for tourist visit in Agra like Same Day Agra Tour by Car or Same Day Agra Tour by Train.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Agra is a popular destination Same Day Taj Mahal Tour by Car of World famous Taj Mahal. We are widely travelled in the country and know the basic needs of a traveler. We have both are options for tourist visit in Agra like Same Day Agra Tour by Car or Same Day Agra Tour by Train.

    ReplyDelete
  45. info@javatravelline.com | YOGYAKARTA TOUR |YOGYAKARTA AIRPORT | SINGAPORE YOGYAKARTA | SINGAPORE TO YOGYAKARTA | JOGJA | INDONESIA YOGYAKARTA | HOTEL YOGYAKARTA | FLIGHTS TO YOGYAKARTA | BOROBUDUR YOGYAKARTA | BOROBUDUR

    Yogyakarta Youtube, Yogyakarta Airport, Yogyakarta Indonesia, Yogyakarta Weather, Yogyakarta Tour, Yogyakarta Wikitravel, Yogyakarta Map, Yogyakarta Principles, Yogyakarta Hotel, Yogyakarta Things To Do


    LOCAL PRICE, GLOBAL QUALITY !

    GET FREE QUOTATION


    Cotaact Us:
    http://javatravelline.com/
    info@javatravelline.com
    +6281233917870

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great article, It is nice and informative article.
    Golden triangle tour packages

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hello Blog Admin,
    We find on Google, we saw your blog there it was very Attractive.
    This particular tour is called Same Day Agra Tour. It can be customized by adding on nights in the tour or do it by road from Delhi. We have more popular tour packages like Same Day Agra Tour, Overnight Jaipur Tour and Overnight Agra Tour etc.. See More Click Here www.classictoursindia.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.

    KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.


    KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Perkenalkan kami jasa penyewaan mobil jogja murah silahkan kunjungi website kami untuk informasi pelayanan dan jasa kami. Terimakasih

    ReplyDelete
  50. Articles that are very interesting and I really like your thoughts in article writing is very extraordinary.
    <a href="http://www.mgmdomino.com

    ReplyDelete

  51. Previously I ‘m sorry if Mr / Mrs less pleasing of this comment. Warmest greetings, my name Jati, our company is Ganesha Jogja Tour & Travel. We are a travel company particularly in the Jogja vacation. If Mr / Mrs want go to Jogja please don’t hesitate to call / whatsapp me at +628985101301. Free for ask.

    Here is a sample Jogja Tour:
    4D3N Jogja Tour (FULL BOARD / ALL IN)

    Day 1
    ● Breksi edge
    ● Kotagede (silver & chocolate factory)
    ● Sandboarding parangkusumo beach
    ● Parangtritis beach
    ● Manding (leather arts)
    ● Alun2 selatan (bicycle with lights)

    Day 2
    ● Merapi lava tour (exploring the rest of the Merapi eruption using jeeps)
    ● Borobudur temple
    ● Kalibiru

    Day 3
    ● Timang beach
    ● Cave tubing pindul
    ● Pinus Forest
    ● Bukit bintang hill

    Day 4
    ● Drop off to airport

    Price start from:
    SGD 215 (ALL IN)*
    SGD 163 (exclude hotel)*

    1 Singapore Dollar = 10.000 rupiah (depends on exchange rate)
    Price for min 5 person, more or less person please call / whatsapp for price, more person is cheaper

    All package include:
    ● Private Car AC (Toyota Avanza / Xenia for 2-5 pax, Isuzu elf 11 seats for 6-11 pax, Isuzu elf 16/17 seats for 12-16 pax, medium bus 31-33 seats for 17-33 pax, bigbus 44-54 seats for more than 33 pax)
    ● Hotels 3 nights *2 (+ breakfast, swimming pool)
    ● Driver
    ● Driver Meals
    ● Parking fees
    ● Entrance fee stated in the itinerary
    ● 4x4 jeep in merapi (4 person shared)
    ● shuttle to timang / kalibiru, kalibiru if using van have to use motorcycle to shuttle
    ● Dinner and lunch based itinerary (halal meals)
    ● Mineral water during tour
    ● Insurance

    Exclude:
    ● Airport taxes
    ● Gondola ride if go to timang
    ● Personal expences (laundry, pulse, shopping etc.)
    ● Additional menu for dinner / lunch (if included)
    ● Tips for driver (optional)

    Note:
    Prices can be change any time
    Prices are not valid for high season

    >>> More packages please do not hesitate to call or whatsapp +628985101301 (FREE).
    >>> Email: ganeshabantul@yahoo.com
    >>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/reviosta (Jati Wijaya)

    ***** Many thanks for the attention. *****


    ReplyDelete
  52. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. selamat siang terimaksih atas info dan kunjungannya

    ReplyDelete
  54. selamat siang terimaksih atas info dan kunjungannya

    ReplyDelete
  55. selamat siang terimaksih atas info dan kunjungannya

    ReplyDelete
  56. very good article and I really like your article thanks.
    bandar togel

    ReplyDelete
  57. very good article and I really like your article thanks.
    bandar togel

    ReplyDelete
  58. PROMO AKHIR TAHUN UNTUK PARA PEMAIN POKER MENJELANG NATAL DAN TAHUN BARU 2019

    1. Welcome Bonus New Member 20%
    2. BONUS DEPOSIT SETIAP HARI
    3. BONUS TURN OVER Up to 0.5%
    4. BONUS REFFERAL 10% SEUMUR HIDUP
    5. HADIAH JACKPOT PULUHAN JUTAAN RUPIAH

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut
    Silahkan Hubungi Kami Di :
    - Live chat (www•kartugadis•com )
    - Whatsapp : +855966624192
    - BBM : D8C893A4
    - Line : gadispoker-cs

    SALAM KEMENANGAN DAN HOKI UNTUK PARA MEMBER GADISPOKER

    poker online

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks for visitting Yogyakarta & Surrounding

    Hopefully someday you can visit my country again

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for sharing such posts with us. This is really very interesting topic for your readers to grab more knowledge about it. For more updates on Flipkart Bank Coupons , please visit.

    ReplyDelete